Information Mapping

Subject: Information Mapping
From: Bob Handlin 1331 <BHandlin -at- CHIPCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 11:20:00 PDT

Hi Techwhirlers,

I'm new to this list and (unfortunately) I missed the thread on Information
Mapping. We're taking the course here and I'd like to hear from anyone who
has opinions on it's place in the technical writing world. My initial
impression is that it helps prevent bad writing by making everybody
mediocre, and makes great writing more difficult by being restrictive.

I fear there's a move afoot here to make it a de facto standard, to help
ensure consistency. I'm not sure I like the idea, but perhaps some of you
can enlighten me.

If this topic has been done to death already, please don't bore the list
with your replies. Just send them to me.

Thanks,

Bob
bhandlin -at- chipcom -dot- com