Embed Word/Frame style tags in UNIX text?

Subject: Embed Word/Frame style tags in UNIX text?
From: Robert Busch <robert -at- FOCUS-SYSTEMS -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 15:28:08 -0400

Greetings,

I need to set up a process that will enable me to import a UNIX text
file into MSWord or FrameMaker -- and the process must allow me to use
tags in the text file to indicate styles, tabs, bullets, and italics.

The text for a Programmer's Reference that I'm working on is extracted
from headers in C code. I'd like to edit the text right in the headers
so that I can perform a "mass extraction" for the entire book whenever
our developers write a significant amount of new code. It would be WAY
too much work to manually apply styles and formatting to the imported
text.

I suspect that an SGML tool would work well. I have no SGML
experience yet, but I'm open to suggestions.

I'm certain that some of you have similar processes in place, and I'd
love to hear about them.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Robert <robert -at- focus-systems -dot- on -dot- ca>

Robert Busch "The mome rath isn't born
Information Development Team Leader that could outgrabe me."
Focus Automation Systems, Inc. - Nicol Williamson