certification

Subject: certification
From: Rick Lippincott <RJLIPPINCOTT -at- DELPHI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 22:17:16 -0400

Barb Philbrick said:

> I agree here, although I think the government would be most
>likely to regulate what goes into manuals, not who writes
>them. For example, requiring that Warning 100058697 goes
>with any possible electrical shock hazard.

I agree also, but I have a feeling that when this comes it will
be driven not by "the government" so much as by ISO 9000. The
reason for this is experience with DOD MILSPEC manuals. When
I look at ISO 9000 requirements, I can see the first entry
onto a path that will require tighter regulation, intrusive
audits, and stifling specifications. Although the ISO requirements
are notas stringent as the MILSPECS, these regulations tend to
get more (not less) complex with time.

But, that's my soapbox.

Rick Lippincott

rjlippincott -at- delphi -dot- com