Re: What does a Tech Writer Do?

Subject: Re: What does a Tech Writer Do?
From: "K. Edgcombe" <ke10 -at- CUS -dot- CAM -dot- AC -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 1994 13:42:21 GMT

In article <2E6F5E0B -at- msmail-gw -dot- isl -dot- com>,
Rollings, Gill <WGILLR -at- wok-msmail-gw -dot- isl -dot- com> wrote:
> Is it a universal attribute of
>"women of a certain age" that they are incapable of using their VCRs without
>being supervised by one of their children or grandchildren?

No.
(from a woman of a fairly certain age (50)).

Seriously though, I notice that there are plenty of women contributing
to this newsgroup, but are there many middle-aged women in the
US technical writing community? It's one of the pleasures of a group
like this that one doesn't usually know people's ages, nor do they
matter - but I'm curious.