Validation vs Verification

Subject: Validation vs Verification
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- MAILHUB -dot- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 1994 11:43:15 -0700

I'm relatively new at the software testing/documentation game. I've asked
within the company what the difference between verification and
validation is, and I get too many different answers.

So I throw it out to you...

What is the difference between verification and validation?

Marc A. Santacroce
TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
510-645-3469

santa -at- tfs -dot- com santacroce -at- aol -dot- com

"Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six"