Re: What does a Tech Writer Do?

Subject: Re: What does a Tech Writer Do?
From: Elna -dot- Tymes -at- SYNTEX -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 11:02:51 PDT

In article <354a7t$o0k -at- lyra -dot- csx -dot- cam -dot- ac -dot- uk>, <ke10 -at- cus -dot- cam -dot- ac -dot- uk> writes:

> (from a woman of a fairly certain age (50)).

> Seriously though, I notice that there are plenty of women contributing
> to this newsgroup, but are there many middle-aged women in the
> US technical writing community? It's one of the pleasures of a group
> like this that one doesn't usually know people's ages, nor do they
> matter - but I'm curious.

I'm a woman who's certain about her age, and in another online area, my handle
is "OlderWoman." There are certain drawbacks to admitting age, especially in
working around younger programmers who have yet to understand that there are
benefits to doing a good job that have nothing whatsoever with dying your hair
crayon-red or wearing a lip-ring or listening to certain types of music. Most
however, don't care so long as I produce.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems