"restricted grammars"

Subject: "restricted grammars"
From: kathy farrell <kfarrell -at- MSTR -dot- HGC -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 16:59:21 -0400

Doug Osborn's question about writing for translation caught my eye. One
guide used in the aerospace industry is "AECMA Simplified English," AECMA
document #PSC-85-16598. The subtitle is "Guide for the Preparation of
Aircraft Maintenance Documentation in the International Aerospace
Maintenance Language." AECMA is the Association Europeenne des
Constructeurs de Materiel Aerospatial. My copy of the guide says they're
based in Paris, but you might try interlibrary loan through a business or
corporate library -- ya' never know.