Query: Seminars from SOLUTIONS

Subject: Query: Seminars from SOLUTIONS
From: technicalwriter <martinr -at- ASL -dot- DL -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 1994 14:32:58 CDT

Hi, everyone.

Am considering attending a one-day seminar in
Houston presented by SOLUTIONS for Doc. and
Training Needs of Reading, MA. The seminar is
called Indexing Technical Documents, and the
price is $265.

Has anyone attended one of their seminars? How
did you feel about the value received?

from the factsheet faxed to me:

Indexing Technical Documents
Seminar Leader: Paula Berger, Lynn Harris, Jay Talbot
. . . This seminar presents a step-by-step approach
to developing clear, useful indexes for print and online
documents.
[topics listing, with abbrev.]
Intro to Indexing
Index is Roadmap
Parts of Index
6 Criteria for Good Indexes
6 Steps for Good Indexing
Planning the Index
Standards for Indexes
Reading and Marking the Text
Tagging Is Just the Beginning
Editing and Testing the Index

Free with registration: copy of THE ART OF INDEXING
by Larry Bonura (Wiley, 1994)

Thanks for your input. Private replies to me will
be summarized and, with your permission, I will post
the summary to techwr-l.

Thanks much,

Martin
Martin J. Reyes (MdJDPRG) __ The opinions expressed herein are those of
Contract Documentalist \/ the author. "How much it all matters, how
NEC America, Inc. Irving TX little it all means." -- Evelyn Waugh
martinr -at- asl -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com USA (214) 518.5249o 327.3714h 538.5739c