Re: Why manuals?

Subject: Re: Why manuals?
From: Dan Benjamin <db3521 -at- PEGASUS -dot- CC -dot- UCF -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 1994 18:17:21 -0400

On Thu, 22 Sep 1994, Jerry Blackerby wrote:

> I beg to differ with Richard. I learned FrameMaker, Word Perfect,
> and Wordstar from the paper manuals only. On-line documentation
> is great, but paper will still be with us for many years. Some users
> prefer paper.

I think that many people, especially beginners, rely heavily on paper
documentation. If they can't boot their computers, they can't choose
Help from the menu. What I think it will REALLY take for on-line doc to
truly take over is one basic, all-encompassing operating system that
almost everybody uses, has used, and is VERY familiar with. Just a thought.

,,,
(o o)
| | |
| Dan Benjamin | "We are paid for our suspicions |
| db3521 -at- pegasus -dot- cc -dot- ucf -dot- edu | by finding what we suspected." |
| Orlando, Florida | -- H.D. Thoreau |
| | |