Re: Why manuals? I'll tell you why...

Subject: Re: Why manuals? I'll tell you why...
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 1994 10:22:01 -0800

I myself don't use tutorials. I don't like being frog-marched
through somebody else's solution to somebody else's problem.
Give me a succinct Getting Started guide that provides a
synopsis and conceptual framework for what I'm doing, plus a
good reference manual with the depth that comes from actual
use of the product. The latter, especially, I'll consult
fairly often.

Joe