Re: metrics for estimating Windows Help project

Subject: Re: metrics for estimating Windows Help project
From: Mary Deaton <Marymd -at- HALCYON -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 1994 16:04:54 PDT

>To All,

>I'm posting this for a friend:--
>-----------
> "Does anyone know of any metrics out there for planning a
> Windows Online Help system?"

>Probably, what should be taken into consideration is how the
>Windows software is developed? Should the Windows Help schedule
>merely follow the software development cycle? Does it depend if
>they are using a structured programming (C) approach or an
>iterative object-oriented approach (C++), etc.?

>I probably should also post to the CompuServe WinHelp (LIB 16?)
>forum as well.

>Thanks for any input.
>-------------

> ggggg ggggg
> g g g g
> g g
> g ggg g ggg
> g g g g
> gggg gggg
>-----------------
>Gayle L. Gustafson-Ferreira
>ggusta -at- mdev -dot- micrognosis -dot- com

>Micrognosis
>517 Route One South
>5th Floor
>Iselin, New Jersey 08830
>(908) 855-1221 x530

I recently posted a spreadsheet (excel 5) on the WINSDK, WinHelp forum on
CompuServe that helps you
determine how much writing time you need for an online project. The book
"Developing Online Help for
Windows" comes with a disk that includes a budgeting/scheduling spreadsheet
(Excel, again). To get this
book, call Joe Welinske at 206.285-2803.

Mary Deaton
KNOWware: Information You Can Use