Opinions on instruction s

Subject: Opinions on instruction s
From: Marilynne Smith <m -dot- smith182 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 1994 19:20:00 UTC

>> choose the desired

My 5 cents. I'd say "choose a" as first choice, and "choose the
appropriate" as a second choice. The word "desired" seems to distance me
from the task. I also like the term "select."

No particular reason for any of this. Just my opinion as both product user
and technical writer.

Marilynne
m -dot- smith182 -at- genie -dot- geis -dot- com