Re[2]: increment & decrement

Subject: Re[2]: increment & decrement
From: Virginia Krenn <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 08:23:11 CDT

Not exactly. Increase and decrease could refer to any amount whereas
increment and decrement indicate one unit. In other words:

increment = increase by one
decrement = decrease by one

Virginia

Author: techwriter -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com at SMTP
While I agree with posters about the *use* of the words--I used them
as verbs in my computer classes--My Dictionary of Computing lists them
only as nouns.

Hmmm.... When we *say* increment and decrement, do we *mean* increase
and decrease?

Chuck Martin
Information Developer, IBM
techwriter -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
techwriter -at- aol -dot- com
74170,2462 -at- compuserve -dot- com