Re: Windows '95

Subject: Re: Windows '95
From: "Scott J. Wilson" <scott -at- WWTC -dot- TIMEPLEX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 16:02:14 -0700

>Now I "grew up" Gui-wise in the Windows 3.x environment, with a dab of
>Mac and a smattering of X-Windows thrown in for good measure. Double-
>seems to have a specific meaning i nthe GUI paradigm, that of starting
>a program from an icon/object on a desktop or in a group/folder.
>Is single-clicking that much more intuitive to perform this specific
>task? I'd be interested in hearing what people have to say on this
>usability issue.

>Chuck Martin

Having taught Mac classes and Windows classes, I've found that students pick
up the "single click to select, double click to activate" concept pretty
quickly.

In fact, few if any of my students had problems with the concept. Those who
had problems with double clicking were simply not used to the mouse.

Scott J. Wilson, (310) 443-4028, 70541,1466, scott -at- wwtc -dot- timeplex -dot- com

"What is hateful to you, do not to your fellowman. That is the whole of the
Torah (Law); all the rest is commentary." Rabbi Hillel