Re: Mouse clicks

Subject: Re: Mouse clicks
From: Marilynne Smith <m -dot- smith182 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 14:59:00 UTC

When you are using a double-click system, like Windows, and your double
click isn't "taking" try slowing the mouse click, rather than speeding it
up. Do the click test if there is one. The square should change color.

We also were able to improve the double click on a Win-OS2 session by
setting both the Windows mouse and the OS2 mouse slower.

There is also the possibility that your mouse is dying and it's time to hunt
for a new one. That little contact under the button gets a lot of taps
during one working day. There are lots of neat choices out there. My new
mouse is Microsoft's Ergonometic Mouse. It asks me whether I want to work
left handed or right handed and what is forward and what is back. It's easy
to change it. (Well, it doesn't really ask me anything, but it has a neat
little Mouse Group that has those selections on it.)

Marilynne
m -dot- smith182 -at- genie -dot- geis -dot- com