Mouse vs keyboard (was Re: Windows '95)

Subject: Mouse vs keyboard (was Re: Windows '95)
From: Richard Sobocinski <"Richard_G_Sobocinski%~WHC207"@CCMAIL.PNL.GOV>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 09:01:00 -0700

In article <199409280217 -dot- TAA27295 -at- infinity -dot- c2 -dot- org>,
Richard Mateosian <srm -at- c2 -dot- org> wrote:

>While I'm venting on this theme, I find Word6's "smart" selection behavior
>almost unbearable. It's always thwarting me by doing what it "thinks" I
>want. ...RM

I've always been surprised by the number of people who (for example)
pick up the mouse to select the current line of text. It's so much
easier, IMHO, to press <Home><Shift-End>. It's rather frustrating to
watch an "expert" picking zir way slowly through a series of editing
tasks.

How do other people feel?
--
--- Aahz (@netcom.com)

I agree. As a touch typist, I hate having to grab a mouse
and slide it all over my already crowded desk. Keyboard
shortcuts allow me to keep up a faster pace.

Rich