Re: Ratio of writers to developers

Subject: Re: Ratio of writers to developers
From: Glen Accardo <glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 1994 09:35:20 -0500

> Does anyone know of an industry standard for measuring the number of
> documentation writers needed on a project to the number of developers?

> # of tech writers
> -------------------------
> # of developers

Here at SI, there are roughly 25 developers and two tech writers. We
barely keep up (multiple products/projects), and the quality of our work
does suffer (partly from frustration and such, but mostly because we lack
the time to do good editing/reviewing at the end of projects). Several
on the techwr list suggested ratios of 8-1 or 7-1 as ideal, 10-1 as a
maximum. Hope this helps.

glen accardo glen -at- softint -dot- com
Software Interfaces, Inc. (713) 492-0707 x122
Houston, TX 77084

Did the Corinthians ever write back?