Re: Goofing off on the job?

Subject: Re: Goofing off on the job?
From: Virginia Krenn <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 14:31:16 CDT

Julie,

When I start getting real tired and find my concentration lagging, I
spend a few minutes reading e-mail instead of taking a coffee break.
I can then return to the work at hand refreshed.

Another method that works well is to just get up and walk around for a
bit to improve your circulation. If you can do so in the fresh air, so
much the better.

I don't think that I have posted what you refer to as "long answers".
However, I do sometimes save something that I want to reply to and do
so either on my lunch break or after 5:00 p.m.

Virginia

Author: Julie Azoulai <julie -at- mercury -dot- co -dot- il> at SMTP

I'm curious -

The folks that write long answers about suit colors, mouse vs. keyboards etc. -
where do you find the time? Are you goofing off on the job?

I work 45 hours a week (standard for Israel) writing software documentation. I
often find it difficult to keep my mind on my work when spending long hours in
front of the computer.

Can anyone suggest tips for improving concentration?

Thanks!

Julie Azoulai

julie.mercury.co.il