Re: graduate degrees?

Subject: Re: graduate degrees?
From: Tania Flack <tf1996 -at- PEGASUS -dot- CC -dot- UCF -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 19:53:44 -0400

On Mon, 3 Oct 1994, Monet wrote:

> I was wondering...

> I'm a junior. By the time I graduate, I will have three summers of technical
> writing experience and two semesters of class work on a school journal. Will

> have a good chance of getting a relatively well-paid writing or editing job
> with a B.A., or do you REALLY recommend grad school?

Please tell us we don't have to go! I've been a professional student for
77% of my living, breathing years, and I don't think I can handle another
four years of school just so I can be a little more marketable.

I will also graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in English (Technical
Writing concentration) in May 1995. I have obtained a lot of
great practical experience through the Tech Writing Program at the
University of Central Florida, and I can't see how a graduate degree
could help me! I know that graduate degrees in Tech Writing often
revolve around theory. Is that what I need to know to get a job?

I was really hoping I could wing it for the first few years of my career
as I learn the tricks of the trade. With experience I would continue to
move up the corporate ladder. I hope my wimpy wish comes true.

[ [] ]
[ Tania Flack [] "Wit is a sword; it is ]
[ TF1996 -at- pegasus -dot- ucf -dot- edu [] meant to make people ]
[ Orlando, Florida [] feel the point as well ]
[ [] as see it." ]
[ [] - G. K. Chesterton ]
[ [] ]