Re: whining and useless drivel

Subject: Re: whining and useless drivel
From: Gus Lemming <lemming -at- PTS -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 17:58:45 GMT

_________________________________
> Author: wnash -at- sunquest -dot- com at SMTP

> Does anyone know if there is another newsgroup on the topic of technical
> communication that doesn't attract so much whining and useless drivel?

First off, by saying this newsgroup has quite a bit whining and drivel, isn't
Virginia
actually WHINING and filling this space with DRIVEL?
******* -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu -dot- -dot- -dot-
okstate.edu; is that Oklahoma? Speaking of a place with a real sense of self
worth.
All together now - Oklahoma is O.K. It's not great. It's not good. Mediocre
is too
difficult to spell. It's just o.k.

Now why would tech writers whine and driv? We're mostly a work world lunatic
fringe
bunch, that are paid pretty well to write giant recipe books for those linear
thinking
engineer types who have trouble communicating in anything but binary.

If anything, we should all just go about our tasks, waiting for that "cha-ching"
sound once a week in our bank accounts.

Having said that, here is a tech writer survey:

Do you prefer:

1. in order to...do the following:

2. in order to...perform the following steps:

3. in order to...ask someone that gives a shit.

4. in order to...just fucking do this: