Re: Information Mapping

Subject: Re: Information Mapping
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 1994 20:39:16 -0700

I don't know much about information mapping, but I have a book that
exemplifies the technique. I can't say whether it's a good or bad example.

The Art of Indexing by Larry S. Bonura (Wiley, 1994) is in the Wiley
Technical Communication Library series. It's a useful book with many good
suggestions about indexing.

Bonura does not say that he is following information mapping principles, but
(1) he talks about information mapping and how it makes indexing easier, and
(2) the book has short sections separated by horizontal lines of varying
thicknesses. Each section has a short title that seems to describe the
content or purpose of the section. There is other evidence of a uniform
structure.

Can anyone cite a book that describes information mapping? ...RM

Richard Mateosian Technical Writer in Berkeley CA srm -at- c2 -dot- org