Why Would An Editor Use Internet

Subject: Why Would An Editor Use Internet
From: Ellen Snell Adams <SnellAdams -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 1994 08:13:58 EDT

As an-Austin, based tech writer & editor with some far-flung clients (Los
Angeles, Atlanta, Washington, D.C.), I used internet quite a bit. I found my
clients by posting my resume in resume banks or via the E-Span Job Search
database, and then we'd rely on the internet to do business.

For instance, when putting together a manual, my clients would send me their
ASCII notes, which I would expand into a Microsoft Word for Windows file.
Then, I would e-mail that back to them for edits.

The edited version would be placed in a QuarkXPress manual template and proof
copies faxed for their approval. Although occasionally I sent them the Quark
file for the client to produce negatives and printed books, I did the
majority of the production here in Austin, and fed-exed their order to them.

Ellen Adams
snelladams -at- aol -dot- com
Austin, TX