Re: MOOs and MUDs

Subject: Re: MOOs and MUDs
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 1994 18:13:57 -0600

Could anyone provide information to where you can go to learn more about
how to navigate through a MUD/MOO? A lot of us are relative newcomers to
some of these things and could use more guidance. Is there online
documentation availble on the topic? How do we find and access it? My
daughter loves connecting to a MUD group, but she's too involved to take
time to answer questions! Perhaps on the basis of "Oh, Mom, you're too
old for this sort of thing!"

On Thu, 6 Oct 1994 mpriestley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM wrote:

> MUD = Multi-User Dungeon
> MOO = MUD (Object-Oriented)

> A MUD is kind of like a text adventure game (did you ever play Zork?),
> but with multiple players simultaneously, so you can interact both with
> the dungeon (and its critters) and the other players.

> A MOO is just like a MUD, except that it is extensible: the players themselves
> can create additional parts of the dungeon, or add new objects/creatures
> to existing parts.

> This is off-the-cuff, so if anyone has a better definition, please post it.

> Take care,

> Michael Priestley
> mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
> Disclaimer: speaking on my own behalf, not IBM's.

* RoMay Sitze rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu *
* Mirrors should reflect a *
* little before throwing *
* back images. *
* -Jean Cocteau- *