Re: RTFineM

Subject: Re: RTFineM
From: Virginia Krenn <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 1994 09:25:55 CDT

Rich,

I've always believed in reading instruction manuals completely. But,
my family has never teased me about it. Rather, they all rely on me to
help with various appliances, etc.

Just yesterday, my eighteen year old grandson and his fiance called me
into his room (at my daughter's home) to assist with some tricky
aspects of a new computer game because they knew that I had read the
information that came with the game.

Virginia

Author: Richard_G_Sobocinski%~WHC207 -at- gate -dot- pnl -dot- gov at SMTP

Patrick Brian O'Connell said:
"OK, time for a show of hands.
Who doesn't RTFM for the tools they use -- unless absolutely
necessary -- but writes manuals for other ones (IMHO all
programs are tools of one kind or another) notwithstanding?

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

I've got to admit that my family likes to tease me because I
_always_ read the manual for any device or appliance that we
buy - TVs, microwaves, toasters, vacuums. I kind of see it
as "professional courtesy", but I always know how to work
_all_ the features listed in the marketing hype.

[Hey, hon. Did you know we can program the microwave to
sterilize the kitchen while we're out? Put the dog in the
garage while I set it up.]'

Rich