Re[6]: How one fellow sees us

Subject: Re[6]: How one fellow sees us
From: Virginia Krenn <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 15:12:54 CDT

Karen,

I would NEVER complain about my boss. He is the most wonderful boss
that anyone has ever had or ever will have. And, he also reads this
list.

As a general rule, though, I try to not say things about people that
aren't true and that I don't want them to hear about.

I hope that you are right and that the message from wnash -at- sunquest -dot- com
to the other list will pique people's curiosity enough to subscribe to
this list. But, I don't think that there is any question that he meant
it to be negative.

Virginia

Author: Karen Kay <karenk -at- netcom -dot- com> at SMTP

asdxvlk -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu said:
> I don't agree with your criticism of Richard's post.

It wasn't meant as harsh criticism, just a comment or caution. I was
very tempted to do the same thing he did. I didn't, because of
copyright restrictions.

The reason that I was so tempted to post this is that I couldn't
figure out whether wnash's post was a benison or a slam. He certainly did
provide the address to sign up, and so on.

> I think that when wnash -at- sunquest -dot- com wrote a diatribe against the
> Techwriter's list that he gave up any rights that he may have had to not
> have his message reproduced to the very same list that he railed against.

Your civil rights are *not* abrogated if you say something someone
doesn't like.

> It seems that there is a point of law that says everyone has a right to
> "face their accuser" or in this case to at least know what they're being
> accused of.

If you complained to a friend about your boss and she went and told
your boss what you said would you feel the same way? Besides, he *did*
tell us almost exactly the same thing in a post to the list.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com