real time

Subject: real time
From: Laurel Meier <LMEIER -at- RCHVMW2 -dot- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 10:26:12 CDT

If I remember my editing class correctly, you hyphenate real time when
you use it as an adjective (real-time messaging) and you don't when you
use it as a noun (computing in real time). According to my IBM dictionary,
it's hyphenated, but it's listed there only as an adjective.

Laurel Meier (lmeier -at- rchvmw2 -dot- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com)

--Blessed are the flexible, for they will not be bent out of shape.--