Coding style

Subject: Coding style
From: Aahz <aahz -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 1994 00:29:57 GMT

Hi! It's me again! ;-) (I hope my questions are providing at least
some entertainment....) If you're not a C programmer, you can probably
skip this message.

The bulk of my document is the Function Reference for a C API. At the
beginning of each function is a Syntax section with a C function
prototype. We're now arguing over the precise format for the syntax.
Following are three choices at least a couple of us like; if you have
any wildly better ideas, let me know.

Send e-mail, and I'll summarize:

K&R style
int foo ( bar, baz );
long bar; /* This does something */
int baz; /* This does something else */

"standard" ANSI style
int foo

long bar, /* This does something */
int baz /* This does something else */
);

"compact" ANSI style
int foo(
long bar, /* This does something */
int baz); /* This does something else */

(It's nice working at a place where I can hack my own path, but I wish
the stones weren't so hard ...)
--
--- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
Androgynous kinky vanilla queer het

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question,
but to post the wrong information.