What's an Advertorial?

Subject: What's an Advertorial?
From: Rick Lippincott <RJLIPPINCOTT -at- DELPHI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 1994 06:09:56 -0400

A friend of mine is job hunting, and saw an ad for an "advertorial" writer.
She asked me "What's an advertorial?" Neither of us knew. We thought it
might be one of those long, text filled ads you see in newspapers: the ones
that are supposed to make us think they're a legitimate news article.

Does anyone on this list know what an advertorial is? Thanks in advance...

Rick Lippincott
rjlippincott -at- delphi -dot- com