Writer to Engineer Ratio

Subject: Writer to Engineer Ratio
From: CHUCK PETCH <PETCH -at- GVG47 -dot- GVG -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 1994 09:30:48 -0700

Here are the responses to my request for information on writer to engineer
ratios. The number of responses is too small to be statistically significant.
When I have time, I will try to research the techwriter-l archives for more
information; my first attempt failed, and I didn't have time to pursue it
further.

6.8:1

15 to 1 (meatball documentation)

5.5 to 1 (too hectic; would like to reach 4 to 1)

20:1

50:1 (hopeless situation)

6:1 (busy)

6.5:1 (swamped)

12:1

3:1 (good situation)

Thanks to those who sent me responses.

Chuck Petch
petch -at- gvg47 -dot- gvg -dot- tek -dot- com

4:1

7:1