Re: WP vs Word

Subject: Re: WP vs Word
From: Gwen Gall <ggall -at- CA -dot- ORACLE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 1994 17:02:09 EDT

>FWIW: My solution, after counsel from some headhunters, was to add an
>addendum page to my resume listing EVERY operating system, hardware
>platform, and software package (WP, DTP, communications, graphics, etc.) I
>had reasonable working familiarity with. Such a list is a service to you
>and to a prospective employer--because the busy HR staff member who is
>checking the resumes in the mail for the phrases "PageMaker", "Windows
>3.1", and "Corel Draw" is all too happy not to call you if he or she
>doesn't see it in your letter.

I have this as a separate section of the resume: First Experience, then
Education, then Software and Operating Systems (or something like that--I
don't have my resume right here). It seems to work.

On a related note: what's the current trend on resume length? Last I heard,
length was not in the doghouse anymore (mine is three pages) but my boss was
going through his resume file and commented that mine seemed "kinda long".
He's been hiring programmers, so I guess they are short...

Take care, and may your dog go with you,

Gwen (ggall -at- ca -dot- oracle -dot- com)