WinWord and Printers

Subject: WinWord and Printers
From: /G=Mike/S=Christie -at- MHS-SUNALL -dot- ATTMAIL -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 1994 21:50:44 +0000

Just an idle question, as I screw up everyone on the network by going to the
wrong printer...

Why in the %##@ does WinWord change the *default* printer instead of the
current printer?

At least in WinWord 6.0 the button says "Change Default Printer," which
WinWord 2.0 doesn't. (I still have 2.0 at work, which is where I always get
screwed up.) But why not just follow the Windows convention (which even Ventura
4.x does, despite its many non-Windows conventions) of allowing you to select
either the (current) "Default Printer" or a "Specific Printer."?

Is this just another example of Microsoft arrogance (nyeh, nyeh...we know how
to change the default printer!) or is there really a good reason for this?

Sorry - it's been a difficult day printing documents. I needed to vent :-)

Mike Christie
Technical Writer
Syntelligence Systems, Inc