Re: Associations other than STC

Subject: Re: Associations other than STC
From: mpriestley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 14:54:51 EDT

I've been a tad busy the last little while, so I never got around to replying
to you earlier. I'm surprised no one else brought this up, however:

ACM (Association for Computing Machinery)
- SIGDOC (special interest group in documentation)
- SIGLINK (special interest group in hypertext)
- SIGCHI (special interest group in computer-human interaction) _

They have a number of high-quality journals and conferences (as well as a
bunch of other SIGs, which I don't happen to belong to).

If anyone's interested, I can dig up an e-mail address for them. Warning
in advance: they can get expensive quickly (base membership plus SIG
membership plus journal subscription plus proceedings of conferences...),
so it's important to exercise self-control (I should have :-( ).

Later,

Michael Priestley
mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
Disclaimer: speaking on my own behalf, not IBM's