Re: Missing Techwr-l Digests

Subject: Re: Missing Techwr-l Digests
From: Aahz <aahz -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1994 14:00:36 GMT

In article <01HILVUICIEI8Y7DKV -at- delphi -dot- com>, <RJLIPPINCOTT -at- delphi -dot- com> wrote:
>I don't get the digest, but my pattern of incoming mail has been up and down
>the scale. Normally I get about 40-50 messages per day from TECHWR-L.
> Monday I got about ten, Tuesday I got 85, Wednesday was normal, Thursday
>was about eight, Friday I got 95. I'm also noticing messages appear out of
>order (i.e., I read responses to "Ph.D Programs" for about two days before
>the original posting with the question showed up.)

>I have no idea why this happens.

It's due to a number of factors, including the normal propagation issues
over the Net. More importantly, there are at least three different
programs that process the list, and if any of them fail to work (or run
slowly), weird output occurs.

(The three programs that I can identify are: the list software itself,
the mail/news gateway, and the digest program.)
out
--
--- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
Androgynous kinky vanilla queer het

Usenet is not a democracy. It is a weird cross between an anarchy
and a dictatorship.