Re: binders for the one-armed reader

Subject: Re: binders for the one-armed reader
From: Sally Marquigny <SALLYM -at- MSMAILHQ -dot- NETIMAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 1994 13:20:00 PDT

My personal solution, whether reading a novel at the beach or referring to a
technical manual while typing, is to use a simple, inexpensive (<$10) book
weight that you can buy from places like Barnes & Nobel. It's made of
leather, shaped like an hourglass, and has weights in both ends. You lay it
horizontally across the pages & it holds down both sides of the book in the
open position. Voila! An excellent "investment".

Sally Marquigny Network Imaging Systems
sallym -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com Herndon, VA
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Date: Monday, October 24, 1994 10:27AM

>Dick Harris wrote:

>With only one good arm, I can't hold a manual open, and operate my PC,
>unless the manual is either 3-ring bound or wire bound.

Rick Lippincott wote:
>I don't think he's in the minority. It's impossible to do what he's
described
>with anything less than -three- arms. This is one big disadvantage of
>perfect-bound manuals.

Paul Race writes:
Agreed, but has anyone found a solution for this problem that is more
practical than the three-ring approach? I suppose the spiral-bound approach
might be the solution.

What have the rest of your experiences been on spiral-binding, relative
cost, etc.?