Re: Punctuation Inside Quotes

Subject: Re: Punctuation Inside Quotes
From: Matt Hicks <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1994 09:35:54 -0700

>The painting (I really didn't like it myself.) sold for $600.

> The painting -I really didn't like it myself,- sold for $600.

Ugh. (Sound of me pounding my forehead on my desk.) These sentences are
coming from people who write for a living?! Apparently the scarcity of
people who can write is worse than I had realized. :-(

Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata * I may not agree with what you
Boulder, CO, (303)497-8676, ******* say, but I'll defend to the
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu ************* death my right to mock you.