Background

Subject: Background
From: James Inman <jinman -at- GRITS -dot- VALDOSTA -dot- PEACHNET -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 1994 11:41:45 -0500

Here's a general question for technical writers and educators:

What do you find is the best combination between technical knowledge and
composition experience? In other words, should an aspiring technical
writer/educator strive to be more versed on computer science fundamentals or
advanced grammar? Where do you believe that one's priorities should be
placed? Make any distinctions (ie education vs. workplace) that you
need to make as I understand that different circumstances dictate
different responses.

If you wish, please respond to me privately.

James Inman
jinman -at- grits -dot- valdosta -dot- peachnet -dot- edu