Re: World Wide Web

Subject: Re: World Wide Web
From: Gwen Gall <ggall -at- CA -dot- ORACLE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 1994 13:18:31 EST

Hi all:

To those interested, I just got hold of a few WWW mailing list addresses, as
follows:

Send email to

listserv -at- info -dot- cern -dot- ch

In the body of the message, put

subscribe list-name your-name

For example:

sugbscribe www-announce "Gwen Gall"

The lists:

www-announce
www-html
www-proxy
www-talk

There are some http sites, too. I got these addresses from the new O'Reilly
book "Mosaic for Windows", which I heartily recommend. Comes with GNN software
and enhanced NCSA Mosaic. Great book.

For those interested, there is also investigation going on about the Virtual
Reality Markup Language, to "create a non-proprietary, platform-independent
language, much like HTML, that would allow authors to create virtual reality
'scenes'. Users of virtual reality servers would be able to walk around a space
and push open doors to other parts of the Web. While, as of this writing, VRML
is still very much in the 'talking about' phase, there is a working
specification..."

You can subscribe to the www-vrml mailing list by sending email to

majordomo -at- wired -dot- com

with the following in the body:

subscribe www-vrml your-email-address

Coooollll....