Re: hobbies on your resume

Subject: Re: hobbies on your resume
From: gui -dot- gordon -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 1994 02:16:00 UTC

If you really want to include a hobby on your resume (to show your
'human side' perhaps) consider the way you can present it.

For example, one of my hobbies is magic (sleight of hand). Rather than
simply state that someplace, under affiliations I list "International
Brotherhood of Magicians".

But, be warned, if you list a hobby you might just get called to
demonstrate it. I can't imagine asking someone to "sing some opera"
or "how about a little Hamlet", but I've been asked to perform a
trick on three or four interviews.

[[insert your own clever pun here]]

Gordon