Wordperfect 6.1

Subject: Wordperfect 6.1
From: garcia -at- TRANSLATORS -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 21:36:09 -0800

# Catherine writes:

# The office I work in just recently upgraded to Wordperfect 6.0a.
# Now I'm told we may be upgrading again to Wordperfect 6.1. Has anyone
# out there seen 6.1 for windows and can you tell me what the changes
# are between 6.0a and 6.1? I'm interested in whether it has a
# different look, if there are new features, if it has different
# graphics, whatever? I'm really interested in anything you can tell me
# about this product. Our M.I.S. department has no idea what the
# upgrade will do for us, they just know it's an upgrade. They leave
# what it will do to us "users."

# I appreciate any information you can give me. Thanks.

# Catherine Kendrick
# ISP and NIU
# z927806 -at- corn -dot- cso -dot- niu -dot- ed

Catherine:

I have been following the development schedule for the next version of
WP very closely, as we do translations, and WP has, IMO, the easiest
interface to work with and one of the best foreign language
dictionaries (at least in Spanish and French.)

Last time I talked to the WP people, THEY did not know when or if there
will be a 6.1c, a 6.2, or if they will go all out and bring 7.0. As far
as features, I hear they are trying to get their fax receive module to
recognize distinctive ringing, and I also believe they want the new
version to import files from more software packages than the present
one (6.0b) does.

So if they don't know about their release schedule, either you have
some amazing mind readers in your MIS department, or else for some
reason they are pulling your leg.

Arturo Manuel Garcia (garcia -at- translators -dot- com)
President/CEO
Data Communications International
Professional Translations/Interpreting
Phoenix, Arizona