Automatic Backups in FrameMaker

Subject: Automatic Backups in FrameMaker
From: Paul MacGyver Carman <paul -dot- carman -at- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 1994 09:45:40 -0500

Greetings all!

For those of you who use FrameMaker, do you have Frame configured to
do automatic backups for each document?

If so, why?

Looking through the file server the other day, I realized (smack to
the noggin) that these backups were really taking up a ton of space.

Our department does backups regularly, so for the most part we're
safe on that end. Over the past 2 years I have never needed to
use a backup file, so I was wondering what your experiences were.

What do you think? Turn off the automatic backup, or keep it on and
be happy that I have the option.

* For the national Tech Writer list, please respond to the
following address:

paul -dot- carman -at- harris -dot- com

Thank you for the information!

--Paul

* * *
* Paul MacGyver Carman * *
* Harris Corporate HQ * No great deed is done *
* 1025 W. Nasa Blvd. MS 75 * By falterers who ask for certainty. *
* Melbourne, FL 32919 * *
* (407) 724-3205 * -George Elliot, English (1819-1880) *
* (407) 724-3627 (fax) * *