Clogging the Net

Subject: Clogging the Net
From: Ray Bruman x2325 <rbruman -at- TURING -dot- RAYNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 1994 11:05:59 PST

Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM> writes:

> Arlen said:

> >No one from this list has misunderstood what I thought was a
> >perfectly straight-forward message.

> It's either that, or we just automatically delete message that have your name
> in the header, so we never -got- the messages......

> (Oh, I just -couldn't- resist.)

Arlen isn't the only one who impulsively broadcasts "news"
that irritates thousands, informs no one, and advertises
his own thoughtlessness to his peer group.

This is an easy mistake for clueless newbies to make.
We're going to see more and more of this as the net expands.

You can't completely prevent it, but you can help.

Please try to educate newcomers to the Net.
Read the FAQs and news.newusers.

Richard, be grateful that at least you can recognize Arlen's posts.
If only the other newbies had some sort of identifying mark!

Oh, and next time there's an earthquake, plane crash, etc...
everyone -- PLEASE don't breathlessly, thoughtlessly post, OK?
And point out this pitfall to your friends who have new accounts.

Ray Bruman In this establishment,
Raynet Corp. we DO NOT DISCUSS
rbruman -at- raynet -dot- com race, religion, politics,
415-688-2325 or nutrition.