Re: dialect survey

Subject: Re: dialect survey
From: Nora Merhar <merhar -at- ALENA -dot- SWITCH -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 08:18:37 CST

In <396ajk$qmq -at- pravda -dot- cc -dot- gatech -dot- edu>, louise -at- pravda -dot- cc -dot- gatech -dot- edu (Louise
Penberthy) writes:

When I lived in Chicago, I picked up the phrase "come with," as
>when I would say to my fellow grad students, "I'm going to the
>Student Center, want to come with?"

Sorry, guys. I'm from Ohio and I've used "Want to come with?" for years.
I don't think it's just a Chicago thing.

Nora
merhar -at- alena -dot- switch -dot- rockwell -dot- com