Posting to everybody

Subject: Posting to everybody
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 10:43:05 PST

>I think that Jan was attempting to make that poster feel
>more comfortable by responding in the poster's native tongue. . .

Why didn't Jan respond to that poster, then? The hoo-hah arose because
we all had to read her cute little note. I didn't appreciate it myself
(much as I like French), and this blanket excuse of " you can just
delete it" gets a little thin considering how many people seem to think
that anything they write might be of interest to SOMEONE.

They're right, of course. I recognize the feeling well because I
constantly have it myself. What people are pleading for is a little
discretion. That's not something we can legislate or calibrate, but I
don't think a gentle reminder now and then is out of place.

And the non-gentle reminders? Let's jump on'em, folks!!! :-}

Arthur Comings

GeoQuest
Corte Madera, California
atc -at- corte-madera -dot- geoquest -dot- slb -dot- com