For IBM employees

Subject: For IBM employees
From: Bob Stromberg <stromberg -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 23:20:52 EST

>There is a simple way into the IBM mail system. The address is whatever his IBM
>internal address is, follwed by "@ibmmail.com". You could try contacting him an
>finding out just what the first part of his address should be. Advantis also ha

>a directory lookup, but it only works if he's been added to the directory. I've
>not encountered a large hit rate on the directory.

>Have fun,
>Arlen

Hi, this only works if the IBMr has requested IBM Mail Exchange access.
The directory lookup would only work if the person
has allowed (or asked for, I forget which) a public directory
entry. I think the best avenue to pursue is the question, "How do I
send mail from my system to an X.400 user?" Also, one could ask one's
friend to request Internet access. (Try the IREG EXEC if available.)

Hope this helps,
Bob Stromberg
IBM Mid-Hudson Valley Information Development
stromberg -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com