Re: Using Style/Grammar Checker

Subject: Re: Using Style/Grammar Checker
From: "Westra, Kayla L." <13718westr -at- KCPBLDG01 -dot- BV -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 1994 10:03:00 CST

Matthew--

I was appointed "official" info gatherer last year on several of these
programs to see whether or not we should use them. While many of them have
good features, the bottom line was that you still need the human touch for
editing. I have used Grammatik, and found it to be interesting. I
particularly like running the readibility tests. The actual "grammar
checker" catches about 60 percent of the errors (this number is from a
magazine article, not my analysis). From the comparison with other programs,
this is about the highest percentage achievable. If you want more details,
let me know.

Kayla Westra
Black & Veatch
13718westr -at- kcpbldg01 -dot- bv -dot- com
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: Using Style/Grammar Checker
Date: Friday, November 04, 1994 2:00PM

Friends,

Do any of you presently use an automated style and grammar checker,
such as Rightwriter or Grammatik, as part of your documentation QA
process. Do you think it is a good idea (given the limitations of some of
these packages)? And if you do know something about this, what package
do you recommend ? Thanks.

Matthew (wong -at- acec -dot- com)