Re: Language and Intelligence

Subject: Re: Language and Intelligence
From: Joe Fockler <jfockler -at- IPHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 1994 11:14:09 -0600

Thomas Edison was home-schooled because his public school teacher said he
was too dumb, and not ready for school.

+ + Virginia Krenn says:

+ > Here is a little anecdote that I came across a couple of days ago.

+ > Albert Einstein's parents thought that he was suffering from brain
+ > damage because it took him so long to learn to speak. He didn't even
+ > become fluent in his native German language until the age of nine.

+ I understand he had problems with basic arithmetic, too.

+ //\ /\\ **************************************************
+ || * \ . . / * || * Melissa Hunter-Kilmer (mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com) *
+ \\____\X/____// * Bureau of National Affairs (NOT the government!) *
+ / * /O\ * \ * Washington, DC *

--

Joe Fockler "That's bull, substance abuse isn't a
Interphase Corporation disease, it's a WEAKNESS."

jfockler -at- iphase -dot- com "I'm so far ahead of myself, I say things
I haven't even thought of yet."
-- Cynthia Tobias