Re: Math vs. writing

Subject: Re: Math vs. writing
From: Caryn Rizell <caryn -at- HPPTC95 -dot- ROSE -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 10:44:53 PST

This isn't at all relevant to the thread about math vs writing, but
I am curious: What is a 'marking period'?

Where I am from (Oregon) that is not a familiar term. (Since there
was a recent thread about y'all, I figured I could get away asking
this question.

Caryn Rizell
caryn -at- hpptc95 -dot- rose -dot- hp -dot- com

> Kayla asked:

> >I struggled desperately through my math classes (where are the rest of
> >you, by the way)

> I don't know how to raise my hand in e-mail, but I would if I could.

> I muddled through two years of high-school algebra, with an average a few
> slim points above failing. The guy in front of me what a math genius. I'm not
> kidding, he had a perfect score on every test for more than one marking
period.