Re: Math vs. writing

Subject: Re: Math vs. writing
From: "Westra, Kayla L." <13718westr -at- KCPBLDG01 -dot- BV -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 15:16:00 CST

Rick said :

>I muddled through two years of high-school algebra, with an average a few
>slim points above failing. The guy in front of me what a math genius. I'm
not
>kidding, he had a perfect score on every test for more than one marking
>period.

Good for you. I took freshman algebra in high school, then basic algebra in
college (five years later). I passed freshman algebra by doing lots of
extra credit (research papers on math subjects :-)). I managed to do quite
well in college algebra. The sad part was I was taking Shakespeare, Brit.
Lit., Eng. Lit., and Modern Grammar at the same time, spending less time on
these classes, and getting better grades in them. Three hours a night on
algebra..the memory still gives me the shakes.

Kayla