rRE: lurkers

Subject: rRE: lurkers
From: Brian Berry <BERRYTD -at- DELPHI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 1994 02:39:04 -0500

About Patrick Brian O'Connell's request for lurkers:

Ok, you got me to post. Now consider my situation,

The information I get from the list is valuable to
my business and professional life, so I like to lurk.

I am self-employed, so I pay for my connections and
download time. I get my messages once a day, usually
at night. 24-hour turn around is the best you can hope
for on a list from me.

When it comes to the messages on the list, I get very
picky and, honestly, trash about 80% unread. I download,
save, and send private e-mail reply to items that interest
me or relate to my business.

Occasionally, I post a specific question and ask for
private replys.

Now, consider this nightmare. Every lurker on the list
decides to send a two line reply to the list within the
same 24 hour period.

- People like me immediately unsubscribe.

- People who have the benefit of an employer paid
connection would probably lose that privilege.

Lurking on this list is a benefit to me professionally. I hope
no one takes offense at lurkers. Occasionally we do respond ;)

BB

* * Brian Berry Voice: 303-870-9251 or *
* * Berry 800-858-8513 *
**** Technical FAX (on demand only) *
* * Documentation E-mail:BERRYTD -at- DELPHI -dot- COM *
* * PO Box 880996, Steamboat Plaza, CO 80488 *