Re: Future of Technical Writing

Subject: Re: Future of Technical Writing
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 1994 08:13:07 -0800

What the world really needs is a really slick interface on a
really small yet powerful computer. Both the process and the
product of technical writing will be driven by that. Something
that transcends the need for a full-alphabet keyboard and the
accompanying ergonomic minima ("smaller keys" loses its charm
when you start punching two of them at once or poking at them
with your pencil).

If I knew just *how* we were going to throw off the yoke of
the Selectric, of course, I'd start a computer company. :)

Joe "Hey, Apple--all I want is a good engineering tricorder" Chew